I'm pleased to announce that Red Hat Enterprise MRG 1.2 is now available. MRG 1.2 provides many improvements, including:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4 support
- Significant messaging performance updates and benchmark data. For example, results include over 1.5 million reliable messages/second throughput per system and under 40 microsecond latency for reliable messaging on infiniband with our RDMA drivers. Perhaps even more impressively, we have achieved over 1 million messages per second virtualized on KVM with 10GB networks--this is within 5% of bare metal
- New and updated Realtime tools. RTEval is a new tool that detects hardware latencies in systems and complements our realtime hardware certification program in helping customers get the best performance from their entire application platform--both hardware and operating system
- Grid enhancements like support for hierarchical fair share, KVM virtual machines (the new standard in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4) and Condor 7.4
- Many more optimizations and updates
You can read more about the MRG 1.2 release at press.redhat.com. You can also read MRG 1.2's release notes.
Existing MRG customers can yum update their systems to get the new release. Prospects can contact Red Hat for more information.